LANXESS worldwide

Corporate Website en | de




Interactive Worldmap

Find all the contact information for the LANXESS sites worldwide

find out more


The Trafford Park facility opened Dec. 24, 1939, to manufacture phosphate-based plasticizers for Geigy Colour Co. Ltd., a subsidiary of Geigy SA. In 1953, the site became known as Ashburton Chemicals until another reorganization occurred and it became an operating site of Geigy (UK) Ltd. In 1970, Geigy SA merged with Ciba AG and the Trafford Park site became part of Ciba Geigy UK. In 1992, the site was sold to FMC Corporation, and in August 1999, it was sold to Great Lakes Chemical Corporation. In 2005, Great Lakes Chemical joined with Crompton to become Chemtura. 


Through the years, the research facility at Trafford Park developed a wide range of new products in fine chemicals and pharmaceutical intermediates, plastic additives and flame retardants, which formed the basis of its operations for several years. For the past 20 years, operations have been consolidated into flame retardants, lubrication/hydraulic fluid additives, and water-treatment chemicals.


Important brands/products

Our hydraulic/turbo fluids are used in power generation and lubrication applications where flame retardancy is required. Our water-treatment additives prevent scale in industrial water and desalination systems.


Eddie Palmer
Plant manager

Phone: +44 161 875 3453

send E-Mail


LANXESS Solutions UK Ltd.

Tenax Road

M17 1 WT
United Kingdom